Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Super Late Weekend Recap

Another weekend in the books! Can you believe it's already October? While, I love my job I can't help but count down the days to weekend each and every week. Once the weekend finally gets here those two precious days are gone in a flash! How does that always happen??

Always, this post is really from a few weeks ago that I meant to post on a weekend but was probably to busy enjoying those last few hours of  no schedule. Plus, it was my birthday weekend so a quick list form recap is how this post is going to have to play out because lists are the only way I can remember anything lately!

1.) Friday, I got these birthday lovelies delivered to my classroom:


Such a nice surprise! Plus, my students were so excited about the flowers and who exactly they came from! They can't wait to meet Mr. Murphy!

2.) I have the best team ever because at lunch time they brought in pizza and some super delicious cupcakes. Chocolate? Frosting? Yes please! 



3.) Once I made it home I got ready to spend some time with family over at a friends house. It was great to spend time with everyone but my plan was to try to go to bed a little earlier than normal. I had a race to run in the morning! However, we had some last minute plans to have our 2 year old nephew stay the night with us. Good decision? Yes! We love our nephew. Did I get any sleep? Not so much. Oh well, we were all up at 5:45am to drive to the race.

4.) Saturday morning half marathon: I ended up having my best time! 1:59 - who would've thought? Maybe my nephew needs to stay with us before every race!



4.) Sunday began with a yoga class, to stretch out all my tight muscles from Saturday's race, some church time, and then the rest of the day was spent on the couch! After a full weekend of high energy events an afternoon of no plans was absolutely perfect.

5.) Sunday night this super classy birthday dinner was made for me:
steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, and kraft mac n cheese because who doesn't love mac n cheese on their birthday?? 


Any upcoming races??

Favorite birthday meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment