Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

Oh my what a weekend! I feel like from the moment school ended on Friday we had something on the agenda. Luckily, it was all good and fun plans but boy, come Sunday night I was pooped. 

We had an impromptu date night planned for Friday so we headed to a restaurant in town that people are always raving about. We decided to give it a try... And then left shortly after ordering our drinks at the bar. The restaurant was so crowded, noisy and hot! Does it mean I'm getting old if on a Friday night I just want a calm, quiet night?? 

We headed to one of our favorite restaurants that we don't get to enough and ended the night on a much higher note than when it began. 

Saturday morning I woke up and got in my last "long" run in before the half marathon this coming weekend. 

Fall running is when I fell in love with the Midwest. The leaves aren't quite changing yet but you can start to feel the cool crisp air that comes around this time. My favorite. 

Once I got back from my run it was operation clean the house! We had a super fun night planned with our neighbors and friends from around town. We celebrated finally being able to have people over to our house (now that the construction is done) and my husbands birthday! 

I didn't snap any pics of the night but I did take a shot of the pile of dishes that were left for our Sunday. 



Of course, since it was Jesse's bday I had to catch him opening up some of his presents! Thanks mom! He really wanted a new grill for the party so I hid my parents gift to him so that he had something to open up on his actual birthday. 


One last picture of our sweet little walnut tree. Someone told us we had a walnut tree in our front garden bed! Originally, we thought it was just a weed or boring stick that needed to be removed but a walnut tree?? We took that little guy and transplanted it to our backyard. We gave it tons of water and crossed are fingers, and LOOK it has a few leaves! Definitely thriving. 

Busy week at school this week with girls on the run practice and a family event tomorrow night! 

Friday night plans: upbeat or low key? I am for sure into the low key scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment