Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

DIY Fireplace


We have been doing big house projects pretty consistently since May. When I say big I mean floors, new kitchen cabinets, tearing walls out and then putting them back up. We still have a few more big projects (master bath, stairwell, and carpet) but for now we're taking a break and trying to knock out a few smaller projects that can be started and finished within a weekend. 

Our project last weekend was this little gem that needed some serious updating. Oak? Green tile? I don't know anyone who is a fan of the oak and green tile combination. So we had some work to do. 


After searching on Pinterest for how in the world to redo a fireplace without breaking bank we decided to paint it!! 

I like to jump right into the project so when my husbdand reminds me that we have to tape everything I think it's the worst! It just takes a little bit of extra time and sometimes I am just not in the mood to be patient. But of course I still do it...


Once that was over with we primed the wood and even the tile with a basic white primer. 


After letting this primer dry we began to put our first coat of black paint over it. We ended up painting three coats letting it dry about three hours in between. 


We took the tape off as soon as we finished painting the final coat and.... 


There it is. A few coats of paint later and we have a brand new fireplace! 

Check that off the list! 

Last diy project you did? 



No comments:

Post a Comment