Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Winter Break

Oh my I haven't been on this little guy in quite some time. Which means that things must have been pretty busy! Aren't breaks/vacations supposed to be a bit less hectic? Between traveling to Kansas City and Dallas for both of our family's Christmas's things have stayed pretty busy.

Our first Christmas was in Kansas City with my husband's side of the family which was an absolute blast. We have a 2 year old nephew whose eyes turn to glitter when thoughts of Santa and toys come into the picture and then my father in law dressed up as Santa for our nephew this same weekend too which was beyond hilarious!

A few days later we went back to my hometown, Dallas, and spent time with my side of the family. One of the best parts of this trip was being able to stay and actually spend time with my family instead of making the drive down there for a day and then turning right back around the following day. We loved every bit of the trip.



The day after Christmas we were able to visit the Perot Science museum where we watched little kids race dinosaurs, whales and cheetahs! We could have spent all day here. They did a fantastic job creating this place.

source


We ate some delicious barbecue here.

And some yummy mexican here.

Oh and I absolutely loved being able to get in my first long run of marathon training in 65 degree weather. Definitely ran these 6 miles in shorts in DECEMBER! I soaked that up since that would have been my last run outside in shorts for the rest of winter.



Once we made it back my husband went straight back to work while I have been teaching some fun yoga classes at the studio, getting some things straightened up around the house, and working on some new years resolutions!

Can you believe it's already 2015? 2014 flew by!

It's my last weekend before the second half of the school year begins so I'll be soaking it up by teaching a morning yoga class and getting in my long run (7 miles today!) hopefully outside if it's not still raining.



No comments:

Post a Comment