Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Chili

I plan. I plan my lessons for the week, I plan what I need to do each day, I plan what I'm going to wear at school, what my workouts are going to be, and I or I mean we plan what we are going to eat for the week. Like really plan - we sit down, think about what we have, what we need, and what just sounds good. Together we come up with 4-5 meals that will last us for the next 7 days or so. One of things that we have been making sure to do is make a soup or a stew on Sunday night so that we have leftovers for lunch all throughout the work week!


Our soup of choice this week? Chili! Yum. Now, Missouri has been abnormally warm this fall. I'm talking 80 degrees at the end of October! I'm not complaining one single bit but it's not technically sweater, boot and chili weather when it's 80 degrees outside.


But it's still fall. We need a soup. And sometimes chili just sounds good. Plus it's one of the easiest dinners to make. Not that I made it. BUT I did do the grocery shopping and smell it in my kitchen all day long so that counts for something right??

Here's what we used to make our chili:


1lb beef
1lb venison (or more beef)
1 can of tomato sauce
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can of navy beans
Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
BBQ sauce
Ketchup
Crushed red pepper
Jalepeno juice
4 garlic cloves
1 Cup beef broth
Creole - Cajun Spices

Wanna know the greatest part about making chili? You just throw it all in the crock pot and put it on low for 6-8 hours. You can use however much of each spice or sauce that you would like!  Easy. Done.




Hats off to the chef - husband! Now we can have lunch all week long! Phew.

Once we ate our chili and made our lunches we took our doggies to the park to get some energy out and to take advantage of the 80 degree fall weather! Who knows how long this will last.




No comments:

Post a Comment